Luhta to sponsor Nordic World Ski Championships
Many reasons to celebrate at the Lahti championships
Lahti will host the 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships for a historic seventh time. As in many previous years, Luhta will continue as a clothing sponsor for the championships: this time, the championship organization will be wearing Luhta and Icepeak branded apparel. The company is one of the main partners of the Lahti 2017 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships – and, along with Stora Enso, one of the two Finnish partners.
The Nordic World Ski Championships will be held for a historic seventh time in Lahti, Finland, in February-March 2017. The six Nordic World Ski Championships previously held in Lahti were in 1926, 1938, 1958, 1978, 1989 and 2001. This is a new world record: the championships have never been organized in any other place as many times as in Lahti’s Salpausselkä. It is particularly great that also a local Lahti company will continue to be the clothing provider for the championships in Lahti.
Many reasons to celebrate
These are noteworthy championships for many reasons. The year 2017 marks one hundred years of Finland’s independence, and Luhta, a Finland-based, international company and sponsor of the event, will celebrate its 110th anniversary. Throughout the championships, the Luhta and Icepeak brands will be highly visible to spectators watching the championships on location and to the TV viewing audience. In addition to the vests that will be worn by the Nordic combined competitors, 2,500 of the event’s organizers will wear the Finnish manufacturer’s apparel.
Luhta is known for outfitting winter competitions for many decades. The company has provided apparel for national team athletes in winter sports games and for the Olympics, e.g. in Zakopane, Squaw Valley and Oslo, since the 1960s. Luhta has been the official outfitter for the Lahti Nordic World Ski Championships in several decades since 1978.
The opportunity for Luhta to be a clothing partner for the world championships emerged when One Way was not able to fulfill its agreement obligations.
“We are excited to be the clothing partner of the championships being held in Lahti. Tridem Sports, the agency responsible for the international world championships sponsorship packages, approached us after terminating the previous agreement it had for the Lahti2017 championships. Naturally, we are excited to help the competition organization in the difficult situation, even though at this point we are no longer able to take full advantage of the partnership. Outfitting the organization of the event being held in our hometown is definitely an honor for us. However, we will surely receive visibility in a natural setting and in other conjunctions, so we are pleased to be part of the event,” says Vesa Luhtanen, Managing Director of Luhta Sportswear Company.
- Luhta 110 Years – An international Finnish success story
- WARNING Fraud and Scam Webstores Found
- Luhta, an international partner for LAHTI2017
- President of Finland visits Luhta’s headquarters in Lahti
- Luhta Sportswear Company to outfit Finland’s Olympic team athletes
- Luhta to sponsor Nordic World Ski Championships
- Luhta assists Canada’s ski jumping and combined teams to the top of the world
- Luhta and Lahti Region
- The World’s biggest candle light dinner - Earth Hour 2015
- Luhta Store opening in Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Moda Topical Magazine: Dmitry Tarasov and Olga Buzova
- Team Unique won the World Championships 2013 in synchronized skating in Boston, USA
- Mikko Hirvonen set new world record
- President of Finland presented the 2012 Internationalization Award to L-Fashion Group
- FIS World Snow Day